The Challenge

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day Two: Sleep

I am thankful for: Sleep

A few moments ago I layed Boy down in his crib for bed.  He fussed for, oh, 60 seconds and then closed his sweet little blue eyes.

Thankful moment: I love those blue eyes.  I love my hub's blue eyes and I fully expected my kid to inherit my chocolate brown eyes, due to the "dominance" of said eye color. But those blue eyes steal my heart away each time I see them.

I am 10 ways past exhausted tonight. I've been waking up at 5am the past few days to conduct employee training for co-workers at 6am.  And tonight I'm feeling the worst of it.  The minute he closed his eyes, I felt my body just relax and prepare for sleep.

Before I heaved myself onto my bed and joined the little one in wonderous slumber, however, I came downstairs to write this post.  And, naturally, the number one thing on my mind is sleep.

Last week about this time, Boy figured out that he could sleep 7-10 hours stretches at night.  And for the first time in 3 and a half months, my body got to learn how that feels, too.  And, boy, does it feel good.

I'm thankful for the patience and endurance my body and mind have had during this long stretch of sleep deprivation.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to nourish my boy, despite the unfortunate hour on the clock many nights.  I'm thankful that the little one has always been pretty good about going back to sleep after middle-of-the-night feedings.  I'm thankful for each precious hour of sleep I'm able to get.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna go do that now...



1 comment:

Dianne said...

Ah, sleep. I am thankful for my ultra dark bedroom and big comfy bed and big strong hub beside me and Dog at my feet.

Ah, sleep.