The Challenge

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Days 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Sooo, it's been a busy past few days.  I have been writing down each day the thing I intended to blog about (so I'm maintaining my attitude/challenge of gratitude!).  I'm going to catch up quickly today and hopefully get back to my daily blogging. 

Day 10: I am thankful for March.
The promise of spring to come. 

Day 11: I am thankful for being a grown up.
Hub and I had a new bed delivered yesterday.  It's kind of life changing what having a real bed can do for a room.  I LOVE it and it makes me feel so much more grown up to have a nice, new bed (considering our previous bed came from Ikea's as-is section for $35 - oh, how our lives [and budget!] have changed).

Day 12: I am thankful for a husband who's willing to join me as we step outside our comfort zone.
We took on the task of remodeling our bathroom this week.  Today we tiled.  Neither of us has ever tiled before or really had any idea what we were doing.  But, a little YouTube and some fearlessness and we have a beautiful floor!

Day 13: I am thankful for little celebrations.
Boy celebrates his 4-month birthday today.  What an exciting day.  I can't believe how fast times seems to pass and I'm so grateful to celebrate each day he's been here.

Day 14I am thankful for Cadbury Easter candy.
Cadbury Mini Eggs make life so creamy and delicious.  And they always remind me of my best friend, because without her, I definitely wouldn't fully appreciate their amazingness.

Day 15I am thankful for time.
I'm a little sad I didn't get to write a full post about this, because I was feeling really contemplative and wanted to talk about how amazing every moment really has the potential to be.  How we can waste so much of the time we are given with negativity or regrets, which just tarnish the moments we are approaching.  But, I'm just trying to catch up here.  So, maybe just those thought nuggets can get your own brain going. 

Day 16 (Today): I am thankful for my upbringing.
I was discussing with my mom the other day the fact that I really have no qualms about my upbringing/childhood.  I have nothing but fond memories of my school days, my home town, my friends, etc... Don't get me wrong, it's not like there isn't anything I'd do differently (namely my crappy job of keeping up with people post-high school), but I look back on those days and really just feel so grateful for it all.  Now that I'm a mom, I really hope I can help Boy to grow up in an environment where he feels loved and encouraged and happy. 

Hope you are all feeling grateful after all that! 

No comments: