The Challenge

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Days 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Well, I'm a real loser at the daily blogging thing.  But - I'm STILL super grateful. 

Warning: This post may refer to breastfeeding and the associated body parts and/or apparatuses used to facilitate said feeding.

Day 19: Kia
Today was grocery day.  Boy and I ran a few errands after picking up our groceries as well, including a large mirror for the bathroom.  I managed to fit Boy, the stroller, the groceries and the mirror in my beloved 2011 Kia Optima.  We've had the car for over a year now and I've never regretted that car choice for a second. 

Day 20: Naps
Last night was rough.  Boy was up a lot, leaving both of us pretty exhausted today.  This afternoon we snuggled up together on the couch and took a nap together.  It was so warm and relaxing napping together - what a rare treat!

Day 21: My breast pump
I spend about 45 minutes a day tucked away in a small recording room at work to ensure that Boy gets breast milk to eat while I'm away.  I've been doing this three times a day since I came back to work 9 and a half weeks ago (longer then I was on maternity leave - time keeps mooooving!).  I'm still a little shocked sometimes that we've never had to supplement and that he's only had breast milk from the day he was born.  This is something I'm really proud of.  I wouldn't have had a problem, really, if supplementing had been necessary, but I'm glad I've been able to [with the help of my trusty Medela pump] provide for him even when it has been hard.  I remember the first few days back at work and seriously wondering if I'd be able to a) provide enough and b) do this three times a day, every day.  And here I am now, still pumping and sticking to it.

Day 22: My fam
This week is Spring Break at school for the hub.  I took a half day at work so we could finish (ha, right) the bathroom.  After finishing the repair in the drywall and texturing, we had a bit of a wait time.  The weather was approaching 50 degrees, so we put Boy in the stroller and the pups on their leashes and went for a nice, long walk.  It was beautiful and so much fun to be out as a family.  We don't get to do that much since we are really never together during the daylight hours.  I love my fam so much and just love every minute we are together.

Day 23: Pay Day
The 15th (tomorrow) is pay day - and that always rocks.

No comments: