The Challenge

Friday, March 9, 2012

Days 17 and 18

Okay, okay.  So I'm not fully back into the daily blog swing.  I've got my reasons - but part of this whole guiltless thing would indicate that I don't have to make excuses for myself, so I won't. 
Day 17: Daddy

Thursday, while I was at work, I got a text from the hub containing a photo of Boy smiling big and happy from his play gym.  Such photos have a way of filling my heart to capacity.  I was just struck with such gratitude that Boy has such a great daddy who is able to care for him every day.  That I've got someone who is able to send me pictures throughout the day and make sure I don't miss out on any of the fun stuff going on while I'm working away. 

Day 18: Paint

Today is PAINTING DAY in the bathroom.  After work, Hub and I are going to meet at the hardware store and pick our final paint color.  Then, we're going to go home and get our paint on (well, actually I may paint while Hub works on homework and entertains the boy - but he'll be watching me paint).  If you noticed, the picture of my floor from the last post is rendered relatively ugly by the fact that the greenish wall hue totally clashes with the new, warm brownish hue of the tile (with some blue accents).  I've hated the wall color since we moved in, but we knew we wanted to do an overhaul of the bathroom, so we held off on painting until we repaired the wall and removed the old vanity. 

Paint can just make everything feel different and better - and it's not too much work, either.  Especially for a room as small as our bathroom. 

So, I'm excited to get those walls painted tonight and then put in the vanity and toilet tomorrow and watch our bathroom makeover come to a finish. 

How many people do you know who DIY'd their bathroom makeover with a 4 month old baby?  It's pretty empowering.

No comments: